Headquartered in newly refurbished offices in Southampton, WP Group is a progressive and rapidly expanding energy company specialising in the supply of high quality fuels, sustainable alternatives and provision of associated services.
With a successful history spanning over 50 years and recently acquired by Moove (a division of Brazilian Energy and Fuels PLC Cosan Group); WP Group and its specialist Airports division (Airport Energy) form part of a growing European Fuels and Lubricants business, based in London and operating throughout Europe and Asia.
Holding a substantial market share in the sectors and geographies where represented, WP Group is one of the UK's most differentiated fuels companies with a focus on sustainability and future energy solutions.
Reporting directly to the Fuel Sales Manager, responsible for delivering the WP Group fuel strategy through meeting specified sales volume, margin and service standards. Achieving this through retention of existing customers, new business growth and enhancement of margin with a standard of customer service that exemplifies world class performance and translates into strong team ethos and ultimately profitability to the WP Group.
Responsible for meeting agreed sales targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) for your area of business, contributing to a harmonious, efficient working environment in the business.
Communicate clearly and effectively with the Fuels Sales Team, engaging in constructive and positive behaviours with colleagues in all circumstances. Be a role model to the Sales Team and a champion of the business, continually seeking to improve your own and others performance through embracing new ideas and ways of working.
Be aware of the overall WP Group marketing strategy and work with the Fuel Sales Manager and Marketing Manager to ensure that the team implement any marketing initiatives in this plan correctly, on time and within any specified parameters.
Manage day to day and other responsibilities for the Sales Team including the following:
- Monitoring all Sales Team members incoming call conversion rate to sales and de-briefing the team and individuals with constructive feedback following observation and targeted use of call monitoring techniques
- Maintaining customer service standards by responding quickly to all customer service enquiries, issues and problems even in the most challenging circumstances. Where required personally dealing with unusual problems, escalating those that are beyond your Delegation of Authority (DOA) powers to the FSM
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities within your allocated sales area
- Undertaking regular reviews of all existing accounts within the Sales Team monitoring GM, volume, cost to serve and operational success rate to rank importance of each customer to WP Group
- Utilising the CRM database in a pro-active manner, reviewing accounts regularly and adding accurate data into the relevant areas for others to use. Ensure the team's compliance with CRM ensuring they maintain customers' contact details
Communicating and working effectively with other managers within WP Group, maintaining close working partnerships with the following:
- Operations Manager and Transport Planners, meeting daily to review delivery fleet availability and other issues
- Accounts Department personnel, by providing confirmations in appropriate time for release of orders, meeting regularly with credit control personnel to deal with any issues regarding accounts
Conduct regular development and performance reviews with your team in line with WP Group's People Development Plan, specifically carrying out the following:
- Informal one-to-one reviews once a month with team individuals identifying any concerns, performance issues or training needs
- Regular training needs assessments, developing and implementing training plans for the team and individuals in line with customer service and sales performance standards
- Acting upon any underperformance issues swiftly and with a positive manner, monitoring your own performance and giving and receiving appropriate feedback against the objectives set
Experience Needed/ Attributes Required:
- Proven track record of gaining business and highly developed sales awareness
- High level of desire to achieve goals /targets perform in a pressurised environment
- Experience of team leading and working in an office based tele-sales team highly desirable
- Experience of the fuels industry an advantage, as a minimum must have worked successfully in sales-led office where some technical knowledge was required
- An effective communicator, well organised with an excellent telephone manner
- Capable of coaching others in negotiating and identifying opportunities and closing a sale
- Good IT skills, essential to have knowledge of Microsoft programmes including Outlook, Excel, Word, and competent in the use of CRM systems or similar
- Ability to analyse financial data and reach conclusions
- A team player who is both supportive and approachable
- Willingness to go the extra mile
Complementary Courses/Certifications/Licenses Required:
- We're in this together
- Always Safe
- Open Mind
- Real Talk
- Think big, carry it out simply
- Generous annual bonus based on personal and company performance
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 25 days in the 2nd year of service
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance 4x basic salary
If this position sounds like the challenge you are looking for, please submit your CV and salary expectations to today