Headquartered in state-of-the-art offices in Southampton, WP Group is a progressive and rapidly expanding fuels and services company. Focused on providing the highest quality products and market leading service solutions to its growing customer base in each of the eight markets in-which it operates.
Recently acquired by Moove the lubricants division of Brazilian Energy and Fuels PLC Cosan Group; WP Group's Fuels, Lubricants and Airports divisions form part of a growing European business, based in London and operating throughout Europe and Asia.
Aligned with ExxonMobil the world's largest energy company, WP is focused on achieving a sustainable business and culture by behaving ethically, valuing its people and local communities whilst setting the industry reference in the protection of our environment.
Holding a substantial share of the fuels markets in the geographies where represented, WP Group is one of the UK's fastest growing and most differentiated fuels companies with clear plans for targeted future growth.
Reporting directly to the Business Unit Director, the Fuel Services Business Unit Manager is a key role within the new WP Group fuels management structure leading a growing team to deliver a differentiated and focused fuel engineering service to our customers. We are particularly focused on expanding our facilities management and critical power provision within our Customer base with Data Centres being a particular area of interest for expansion.
Suiting an ambitious and rounded business leader with proven a reputation for delivering results through others, this role will require a through understanding of the fuels market and how a sustainable fuel management approach can benefit the diverse markets in-which WP operates.
Responsible for the operation, delivery and profitability of this important business unit, you will oversee the development of the offer, mange key relationships, work with sales to generate the required work and manage the operational delivery of all engineering and compliance related activities.
Degree educated and self-motivated professional, the successful candidate will preferably have a proven track record in the fuels industry or similar transferable experience.
Focused on achieving contracts with blue chip companies, you will be the consummate business professional and competent and effective at all levels of the corporate hierarchy.
Strong financial acumen will be a critical success factor in this role where you will have P&L responsibility with contribution measured at an EBITDA level.
Skills & Experience required:
- Five plus years of relevant experience in the Fuels market with experience and full understanding of pricing, economics, supply, refining and distribution
- A sustainable mindset and understanding of competitor companies, their offers and strengths
- Commercial network and professional relationship who would act as customer /supplier references
- Good knowledge and recent experience of the energy, constructions and service sector markets
- Previous experience of value-based selling and relevant industry an advantage
- Successful experience of developing business through the professional sales process is essential
- Articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills
A valid UK driving licence is essential
Personal Qualities required:
- Business leader and not manager, able to inspire, motivate and lead others
- Motivated to succeed and a proactive self-starter
- Positive attitude and finds solutions where others see problems
- Takes the initiative and leads by example
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment (internally and externally)
- Enthusiastic and embraces opportunities with positive "can-do" attitude
- Focused on meeting personal objectives while understanding the value of the team
- Compliant attitude towards safety and controls
- Professional and confident, able to presentation clearly to a wide variety of audiences
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Annual bonus
If this position sounds like the challenge you are looking for, please submit your CV and salary expectations to today